The Long Read
Everything you *need to know* is right above this. Scroll down, only if you'd still like to read more (honestly, why?)
Yes. Of course, term insurance is worth its cost.
It is the most affordable way to provide financial protection to your family. The insurance money from your term plan will help ensure your loved ones don't struggle financially or don’t have to lower their standards of living and are able to meet their life goals in your absence.
What's in it for you? Well, Just because you don’t die, doesn’t mean your premiums will be wasted. With term insurance you will have complete peace of mind and be able to live life on your own terms, knowing that your family will be taken care of if something happens to you.
You can't put a price on that, right?
Besides financial security for your family, term insurance offers a host of benefits -
● Term insurance offers a large insurance amount at very affordable premiums
● Term plans also offer tax benefits for you and your family
● Term insurance premiums do not change throughout the policy duration unless you change the life cover and the policy benefits
Yes, of course! While term insurance helps you provide financial security to your family, you can also avail tax benefits. Let's see how -
● Section 80C - Under this, you can claim up to ₹ 1.5 lakh tax deduction for your term insurance premiums
● Section 10 (10D) - Under this, your family does not have to pay any tax on this insurance money
● Section 80D - Under this, you can get tax deduction up to ₹ 25,000, which means you enjoy the benefit of paying lower taxes. Note that this is applicable on the premiums paid for a term policy that come with health-related add-ons like a Critical Illness Rider.
All the more reason for you to get term insurance, right?