The Long Read

Everything you *need to know* is right above this. Scroll down, only if you'd still like to read more (honestly, why?)

If you are a married man, you can! (yes, this one’s only for the men), with the help of the Married Women’s Property (MWP) Act, which helps ensure that only your spouse and your kids get your life cover and not others with bad intentions at heart. 


This means your policy money can’t be claimed by your creditors or even your relatives.

Moreover, the act also overrides a Will, which means, the policy amount cannot be included in your Will.


Opt for this if you don’t want your wife and children to suffer financially in your absence, especially if your wife is not earning.

If you are a married woman, you can add your husband's name to the Will, to ensure he has an undisputed right to the entire amount.

It’s simple! Select ‘yes’ for the question ‘I would like to buy this policy under the Married Women's Property Act (1874)’ in the application form.