The Long Read

Everything you *need to know* is right above this. Scroll down, only if you'd still like to read more (honestly, why?)

You can ensure your minor child gets your term insurance life cover after your unexpected demise, but you can’t do it directly. 


You can include your child’s name in the nominee list. But it has to be accompanied by the name of an appointee. 


The appointee must be above 18 years and can be either -


  • A family member


  • A friend


  • Anyone else you trust


The appointee will receive the life cover on behalf of your minor child in case you pass away and can use it for your child’s benefit or pass it on to them when they turn 18.


No. They can also be a friend or anyone whom you trust with the well-being of your child and know they have the best interests of your child at heart. Your appointee is basically your child’s guardian angel who will help you protect them even when you’re no more.